Stretch Marks

Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Well, I Knocked Her Up... Now What?!?

Hello Blogoshere! I have finally arrived, and with much ado! That's right, as you have probably guessed from the title, MrsPatrick is pregnant! We are very excited to be having this bundle of joy arriving sometime in mid-March. There are a lot of things to look forward to, and be nervous about. We have a long way to go until the Big Day, and that's pretty much what this blog will be about. There is sure to be a rollercoaster of a ride yet to come, and I am determined to make the best of it, and share my experience as a husband with the rest of you.

So let's get things started...

It all started when MrsPatrick wasn't feeling very good. After missing several days of work she went into the doctor, and lo and behold... little bundle of joy on the way! Needless to say, we were ecstatic, and we couldn't wait to share the news with anyone we know. MrsPatrick's mom cried (with joy), and my mom flipped out (she's been waiting for that for a while) and just like that, the ball was rolling.

The next day we took a trip to the hospital (where I happen to work, by the way), and got our first glimpse at the little sucker. After several hours of a lot of grey matter on the screen, I got my first look. Let's see, how do I describe it... it was small, I think the measurement on the screen was something like .63 cm. Pretty much it looked like a seahorse with a blinker. The blinker, however, is the heartbeat. Pretty cool as far as I'm concerned, only six weeks old, and the heart is already lighting up the whole place.

That's pretty much all that's happened so far. Not a whole lot of time has elapsed for anything to happen. But I can't wait, and neither can the Soon-To-Be-Mommy. I'll be sure to keep you all posted, and I hope that you will come share all the fun, crazy, and emotional moments with us.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! *waves at blinky seahorse*

Sunday, 30 July, 2006  
Blogger Vanessa Clark said...

Yay! Congratulations guys! You'll have to let me know how it works out... We haven't yet decided whether or not we'd like a little blinking seahorse in our family.

Monday, 31 July, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Friday, 04 August, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so the last comment didn't really work out right. ANYWAY. One of the people whose blog I read (that I don't know them from Adam) is having a baby due around the same time as yours. They call their baby "Frogger." They also have a cool little baby countdown thingamajig you can post on your site. Here is their address:
http://twouteruses.blogspot.com/

Friday, 04 August, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home