Stretch Marks

Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family

Saturday, September 23, 2006

I'm Not Even The Pregnant One!

Let me just start off by saying that no, Mrspatrick is not that boring, and I know I need to post, they don't call me a procrastinator for nothing. Truth be told, I did have a blog in mind about a week ago or so, but due to the impeding matrimony of ToG and Rogue that blog was put on hold until further notice. The problem is now I can't remember exactly what it was that I was going to blog about. So let's just start with a little catch up, shall we?

Until just recently not a whole lot has actually happened in the last month or so. We did have another doctor appointment, which I guess was a little bit of a hassle. Me and the doctor appointments have a love/hate relationship. I look forward to them a lot. They are pretty much my most direct link to the baby right now. It's the one chance I get to hear they baby's heart beat, and to find out how the baby is doing, and get a qualified medical opinion that everything is ok.

This is also where the hate part comes in. I get all amped up for these visits, way excited to get my next peek into whatever's going on in there. But then I start to worry. What if something has gone terribly wrong? What if my gene's just aren't good enough to actually make a baby? What if... What if..., ok I'm out of bad things to think about, plus I don't really want to think about them. So I start dreading and worrying about what the doctor is going to say, but at the same time I'm excited and really looking forward too it. Needless to say, I'm basically reduced to a jumble of mixed emotions... and I'm not even the pregnant one!

The last doctors appointment didn't really help any, either. Mrspatrick had an appointment set up a month ago. She would get off work early, like every other appointment, and then I would go and meet her. Well, Mrspatrick got there, and as I was on my way phoned me to let me know that her appointment was cancelled. Augh! You're kidding me... I just spent the last week anticipating and agonizing just for the appointment not even to happen? Turns out the doctor had a sick kid, and being a good mom stayed home with them, and the appointment was scheduled for a week later. Well great, that just meant one more week of me torturing myself.

The appointment wasn't actually all that exciting in and of itself. We found out nothing new, the baby is doing fine and has a strong heart beat. The great part, however, is that we made the appointment. The next big thing on our list... November 1st is the day we get to find out what we are having. Well, not what we are having exactly. Cause we pretty much already know we are having a baby, and I'm kind of counting on the fact that it's human. But I mean we get to find out if Lil' Peanut (name courteous of ToG and Rogue) has girl parts or a boy thingy. I will address this topic a little more in depth when it's closer.

As for now, we have one more appointment between now and then. Mrspatrick was very excited the other day when she was told that she is starting to show. It came from my mom, but it was still very exciting... for the both of them. During ToG and Rogue's wedding she had a little bit of the poochy belly in the beautiful dress that Rogue had them wearing, but it seems like even in the last week the poochy belly is becoming a little more prominent. Hopefully I will have some pictures before too long to put up. In the mean time she is loving to go clothes shopping and anxiously waiting to go baby shopping, using every bit of her restraint and self control to hold off until we can buy a little more gender specifically.

I will try to be better about blogging more regularly, and I think it will become a little bit easier. It's true that not a lot has been happening, but I have a feeling that this is just the calm before the storm. In the mean time, if you have contact with Mrspatrick, be gentle, and don't judge. You try growing a human sometime and see how it feels!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We don't say hate in this family :)

Sunday, 24 September, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Posting! Thank you guys so much for all your help with the wedding, we Meadens really appreciate it. And just for the record, we are also struggling to restrain ourselves from buying more babyriffic things for Lil Peanut. Hope you guys are doing well - we love you!

Sunday, 24 September, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home